FYI: Appeals court rules against job seekers who file for bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
    I did not tell them before the interview, I told them once the job offer was made. Everything I read on this forum stated Be honest, be upfront and tell them before they find out on their own. Next time I will mention nothing and fill out the paperwork and let it go.

Not sure going forward how to proceed. I had looked back on backtoschool's posts and she got a job and told them after they made the offer she had credit issues...
    I think you are right - sometimes it's better not to share. Also, from personal experience I can tell you that SOMETIMES a company may do a "background" check but that does not include a credit report, just to verify that you are you - DOB, SS#, etc....so sometimes silence is better...

Comment

Well, I learned my lesson...I will not bring it up next time

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
      I think you are right - sometimes it's better not to share. Also, from personal experience I can tell you that SOMETIMES a company may do a "background" check but that does not include a credit report, just to verify that you are you - DOB, SS#, etc....so sometimes silence is better...
      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I did not tell them before the interview, I told them once the job offer was made. Everything I read on this forum stated Be honest, be upfront and tell them before they find out on their own. Next time I will mention nothing and fill out the paperwork and let it go.

Not sure going forward how to proceed. I had looked back on backtoschool's posts and she got a job and told them after they made the offer she had credit issues...
        Some here might disagree, but I know my good friend, who filed over ten years ago, never tells them up front.

In the meantime, he has worked for at least 3 Fortune 500 companies, in sales jobs, and was granted amex cards all the time. Sure, he would stress out everytime he had to fill out the corporate amex application, but he would always get approved.

I know he never told them upfront.

Sure, if they ask, just be honest. But, to offer any information that will hurt your chances is not a good move.

The ones that disagree are mostly ones that haven't worked in the corporate world, this is my guess.

Just regroup. You will be fine. Someone will hire you. Just stay confident, keep networking, and don't let this BK get you down.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm going to take this as a learning experience and move on. Next time I will not tell them up front, unless asked

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
          Some here might disagree, but I know my good friend, who filed over ten years ago, never tells them up front.

In the meantime, he has worked for at least 3 Fortune 500 companies, in sales jobs, and was granted amex cards all the time. Sure, he would stress out everytime he had to fill out the corporate amex application, but he would always get approved.

I know he never told them upfront.

Sure, if they ask, just be honest. But, to offer any information that will hurt your chances is not a good move.

The ones that disagree are mostly ones that haven't worked in the corporate world, this is my guess.

Just regroup. You will be fine. Someone will hire you. Just stay confident, keep networking, and don't let this BK get you down.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm going to take this as a learning experience and move on. Next time I will not tell them up front, unless asked
            Good strategy. Keep us posted on the job search. YOu will land if you don't quit.

I got rejected for about 15 jobs in the last two years, and these were jobs where I had face to face interview. My low point was when the manager interviewing me finished off the interview with: "I think that was the best interview that I ever conducted". Well, I thought I was in, only to lose out to an internal candidate.

So, I knew that I was interviewing good, but often these jobs go to people that they know, not to those that are talented or present themselves the best.

Keep fighting, you will get there, and good luck.

Comment

I will keep going as I have not other choice, I have kids that are depending on me to provide food and shelter to them. I have been on numerous job interviews as well over the last 3 years and the rejection is the hardest part.

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
              Good strategy. Keep us posted on the job search. YOu will land if you don't quit.

I got rejected for about 15 jobs in the last two years, and these were jobs where I had face to face interview. My low point was when the manager interviewing me finished off the interview with: "I think that was the best interview that I ever conducted". Well, I thought I was in, only to lose out to an internal candidate.

So, I knew that I was interviewing good, but often these jobs go to people that they know, not to those that are talented or present themselves the best.

Keep fighting, you will get there, and good luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X